Automobile AccidentsSkip to content
Auto Accidents in Florida
Injured in a car accident? While many car accidents are straightforward, some of them are complicated, involving multiple cars, or were caused by complex dynamics you might not understand or appreciate at first.
At Trelles & Bichler, we thoroughly investigate every automobile accident, making sure every person or entity at fault is pursued. We gather all relevant insurance information, file the necessary claims, and handle all communication with the insurance companies. We fight hard to gain maximum financial recovery for you while relieving you of the stress and frustration of dealing with insurance adjusters and claims investigators.
Steps You Should Take After a Car Accident Florida
The moments and days immediately following a car accident can be extremely stressful and frustrating. Insurance adjusters, investigators, and other parties may pressure you to provide statements, sign forms, and settle claims before you complete your medical treatment. It can be helpful to follow a car accident checklist in order to maximize your chances of receiving full compensation for your injuries.
After a car accident, steps that protect your legal rights include:
- Always report a car accident to the police. Calling 911 is the quickest and easiest way to report a crash. The emergency operator dispatches a police officer who has jurisdiction over the crash scene and emergency medical services when necessary.
- Gather any witness information that is available, most importantly the names and phone numbers of individuals who saw the accident happen.
- Whenever it is safe to do so, take pictures of all vehicles involved and make a video of the accident scene. This evidence is critical evidence of the force of the impact and how the crash occurred.
- If you do not go to the hospital by ambulance, we recommend you see a doctor as soon as possible after the crash. Failing to document physical injuries soon after the car accident can hurt your insurance claim.
- After an accident, do not provide a written or recorded statement to any insurance companies. You should not sign any releases or other documentation without discussing your claim with a Palm Beach County car accident attorney, such as Trelles & Bichler.
- Document all losses and expenses related to the crash while you are recovering from your injuries. This information helps ensure you will recover the money you are legally entitled to.
- Contact a car accident lawyer, such as Trelles & Bichler, as soon as possible for a free consultation. We can help you take the necessary steps to hold a negligent driver or another party responsible for the injuries and damages caused by a car crash.
Common Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
All car accidents have the potential to result in painful and life-altering injuries. Some car accidents, including including head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and multi-vehicle accidents, cause fatal or catastrophic injuries. Regardless of the severity of your injury, you are legally entitled to the cost of medical treatment as well as compensation for the pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life you endure as a result or your injuries.
Common injuries that individuals sustain in Palm Beach collisions include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Concussions and Other Head Injuries
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Severe Burns
- Internal Bleeding
- Damage to Internal Organs
- Whiplash and Other Neck or Shoulder Injuries
- Lacerations, Scarring & Disfigurement
Some car accident injuries may result in permanent impairments or disabilities. Accident victims who sustain permanent disabilities may be entitled to additional compensation for future damages, including ongoing medical care, personal care, and loss of income.
Working with an experienced team of legal professionals is your best chance of recovering the maximum compensation available by law. At Trelles & Bichler, we have a talented team of car accident lawyers and legal professionals who work together to build a strong case for liability and payment of all damages caused by the crash. We work with our clients to hold the party or parties responsible for causing the car accident liable for their negligence and wrongdoing.
What Can Our Palm Beach Automobile Accident Attorneys Do for You?
In order to obtain financial recovery following a car accident, we must prove both fault for the crash, and that the accident was the actual cause of your injuries. Both are essential to winning a car accident case. Our attorneys and legal team take various steps to build a case for fault and causation. When necessary, we take the following steps in order to prove our client’s case:
- Investigate and document the accident scene
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Obtain copies of police reports and accident reports
- Obtain copies of 911 calls and bodycam footage
- Obtain and review medical records
- Interview treating medical professionals
- Document damages and losses
- Retain experts, such as accident reconstructionists, financial experts, and medical experts
- File an insurance claim, prepare a demand for settlement, and negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement
- Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
Learn what else Trelles & Bichler can do for you after a car accident during a free consultation with one of our Palm Beach County car crash attorneys.
Do You Need Florida Car Accident Lawyer?
Contact Trelles & Bichler by calling (561) 459-5625 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Palm Beach County personal injury attorneys.
No Recovery, No Fee. Our Promise!
Schedule An Appointment, Call (561) 299-HURT Today!
- Work Accidents LEARN MORE
- Storm Damage LEARN MORE
- Nursing Home Negligence LEARN MORE
- Medical Malpractice LEARN MORE
- Wrongful Death LEARN MORE
- Slip/Trip and Fall Accidents LEARN MORE
- Trucking Accidents LEARN MORE
- Motorcycle Accidents LEARN MORE
- Drunk Driving Accidents LEARN MORE
- Automobile Accidents LEARN MORE