Do I Need a Lawyer?
When someone is injured or harmed, one of the most common questions asked is whether they need a lawyer. The answer to that question depends on many factors. The best way to determine if you need a lawyer is to ask an experienced Palm Beach County personal injury attorney.
An attorney with Trelles & Bichler evaluates your case during a free consultation, explains your legal rights, and discusses your options so that you can decide whether you need a Palm Beach Lawyer for your injury case. We can help you understand the law applicable in your case and your chances of success based on the facts.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me Win My Injury Case?
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Palm Beach County means you have an experienced legal advocate working to recover the compensation you deserve after being injured because of another party’s negligence and wrongdoing. We know what each client is legally entitled to recover, and we understand the value of each individual case based on factors such as the severity of the crash, the amount of coverage available, and the nature of the injuries.
When you hire Trelles & Bichler, we take numerous steps designed to maximize your recovery. The most common steps we take in an injury case include:
- Investigating the accident scene, if applicable, and gathering evidence, including photographs and videos.
- Obtaining and reviewing copies of accident reports and police reports.
- Interviewing eyewitnesses.
- Identifying liable parties and insurance providers.
- Verifying insurance coverage and policy amounts.
- Obtaining copies of medical records and discussing your condition with your medical providers.
- Locating and working with expert witnesses, including accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and financial experts.
- Filing claims with insurance providers and handling all communications with the insurance company.
- Preparing a settlement demand package for the insurance company.
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement amount.
- Preparing and filing a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
- Conducting discovery, filing motions, and preparing for trial.
- Presenting the case to a jury at trial.
During the claims process, a Palm Beach County personal injury attorney may adjust strategies based on new evidence and developments in the case. Our lawyers update you about developments in your case so that we can revise our plan, if necessary, to continue fighting for the best outcome possible. We are always available to talk to you when you have questions or concerns.
Common Reasons Why You May Need a Florida Attorney for an Injury Case
Insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims fairly. They know that an unrepresented individual is naive as to what their legal rights are, what damages they are entitled to, and their likelihood of success in a lawsuit. Simply put, people are taken advantage of by insurance companies unless they have legal representation in place.
In addition, many cases involve more complex issues that certainly cannot be navigated without legal assistance from a Florida personal injury attorney. Here are some examples:
- You sustained severe or traumatic injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injuries, paralysis, or severe burns.
- You incurred substantial financial damages because of the accident and injury.
- Your injuries resulted in permanent impairments or disabilities.
- Liability for the accident or injury is disputed.
- Multiple parties may be liable for your injuries and losses.
- The other party is alleging you are partially to blame for your injury or accident.
- Your injury involves medical malpractice or wrongful death.
- The insurance company denies your claim or is delaying settlement.
- You are unsure what your injury or accident claim is worth.
- Your traffic accident involves a commercial vehicle, government employee, or government vehicle.
If you are unsure whether you need an attorney, we urge you to take advantage of our free consultation to discuss your case with a member of the Trelles & Bichler legal team. It does not cost you anything to get the legal advice you need to protect your rights after being injured.
Contact Trelles & Bichler Now for More Information
We accept injury cases on a contingency fee basis – there is no charge for our legal services unless and until we recover money for you. At that time, we simply keep a percentage of the recovery as a fee.
If you have questions, contact our office by calling (561) 459-5625 to speak with a member of our legal team.
Schedule An Appointment, Call (561) 299-HURT Today!
- Work Accidents LEARN MORE
- Storm Damage LEARN MORE
- Nursing Home Negligence LEARN MORE
- Medical Malpractice LEARN MORE
- Wrongful Death LEARN MORE
- Slip/Trip and Fall Accidents LEARN MORE
- Trucking Accidents LEARN MORE
- Motorcycle Accidents LEARN MORE
- Drunk Driving Accidents LEARN MORE
- Automobile Accidents LEARN MORE